Whether you’re seeking motivation to book that plane ticket or just looking for the best travel quotes for Instagram captions or WhatsApp status, we have got you covered.
These quotes about traveling are going to spark your wanderlust.
Why should you travel?
Sometimes life can drain us so much that we all forget to live and enjoy our life.
During such times all you gotta do is travel.
Traveling offers you a much-needed break from busy life. It helps you reset and recharge your mind.
Be it to a new city or a faraway country, be it for a day or week – traveling is always fun and exciting.
From discovering a new place to interacting with different peoples, from tasting different kinds of foods to experiencing new cultures – traveling shows you a completely different perspective of life.
Further, traveling pushes you to learn new things and broadens your mind. It lets you experience some adventurous, crazy, unexpected, and even heart-in-mouth moments.
Moreover, traveling opens your heart and soul.
It gives you purpose in life and molds you into a better person.
In other words, it makes you happier and helps you ‘find yourself’ in life.
You will return with a bundle of beautiful memories which you can cherish for a lifetime.
All in all, traveling is one of the most wonderful experiences one can have in a lifetime.
On that note, we are sharing this list of insightful travel quotes that explain why traveling is so awesome.
These travel quotes will inspire you to go out there and explore the world we live in!
Before moving further –
Here are quotes on other categories that you may be interested in,
- Friendship Quotes
- Powerful Life Quotes
- Fitness Motivation Quotes
- Positive Trust Quotes
- Unique Long Distance Love Quotes
To ease your navigation, you can use these jump links –
Best Travel Quotes
1. Traveling allows you to become so many different versions of yourself.
2. Jobs fill your pocket but adventures fill your soul.
– Jamie Lyn Beatty
3. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
– Dalai Lama
4. Travel… the best way to be lost and found at the same time.
– Brenna Smith
5. Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
6. Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.
– Jack Kerouac
7. You go away for a long time and return a different person – you never come all the way back.
– Paul Theroux
8. It is better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.
– Asian Proverb
9. Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.
– Gustave Flaubert
10. It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way!
– Penelope Riley
11. I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.
– Carew Papritz
12. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
– Aldous Huxley
13. Traveling is not something you’re good at. It’s something you do, like breathing.
– Gayle Foreman
14. Everyone is an explorer. How could you possibly live your life looking at a door and not open it?
15. No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.
16. I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.
– Carl Sandburg
17. Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
– Ibn Battuta
18. If you were meant to stay in one place we would have roots instead of feet.
19. I would rather own a little and see the world than own the world and see a little.
– Alexander Sattler
20. With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.
– Sandra Lake
21. Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station’.
– Lisa St. Aubin De Teran
22. To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.
– Freya Stark
23. I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.
– Mary Anne Radmacher
24. Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.
– Erol Ozan
25. Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.
– Benjamin Disraeli
26. I’d rather have a passport full of stamps, than a house full of stuff.
27. Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.
– David McCullough
28. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
29. We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.
– Ray Bradbury
30. Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.
– Roy M. Goodman
31. Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled.
32. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.
– Saint Augustine
33. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
34. Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.
35. I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.
– Melody Truong
36. The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.
– Shirley MacLaine
37. Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of the living.
– Miriam Beard
38. There is a kind of magicness about going far away and then coming back all changed.
– Kate Douglas Wiggin, New Chronicles of Rebecca
39. I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.
– Melody Truong
Short Travel Quotes
1. I want to make memories all over the world.
2. Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets.
– Oscar Wilde
3. Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
– Stephen Covey
4. Travel far enough, you meet yourself.
– David Mitchell
5. To travel is to live.
– Hans Christian Andersen
6. You don’t have to be rich to travel well.
– Eugene Fodor
7. The journey not the arrival matters.
– T.S. Eliot
8. Take only memories, leave only footprints.
– Chief Seattle
9. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
10. Don’t just tell your children about the world. Show them.
11. Age is no barrier when it comes to travel.
12. You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.
– Sue Fitzmaurice
13. Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.
– Anita Desai
14. The only trip you will regret is the one you don’t take.
15. People forget the years and remember moments.
16. Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.
17. If traveling was free, you’d never see me again.
18. Tired feet, happy heart.
19. Traveling is like a chocolate box. Don’t matter what you get. All is good.
20. You weren’t born to just pay bills and die!
21. Work, Save, Travel, Repeat.
22. Catch flights, not feelings.
23. One life. One world. Explore it.
24. Collect moments, not things.
25. Work hard, travel harder.
26. Life is not meant to be lived in one place.
27. Keep calm and travel on.
28. I measure life by countries, not years.
29. To travel is to take a journey into yourself.
30. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
31. Travel is the healthiest addiction.
32. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket and that’s kind of the same thing.
33. Life is short. Book the trip.
34. Tired feet, happy heart.
35. Love is the food of life, travel is dessert.
36. Forget champagne and caviar – Taste the world instead!
Travel with Friends Quotes
1. Good Company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.
– Izaak Walton
2. A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.
3. You cannot do epic shit with basic people.
4. The fastest way to make a friend for life is to travel with a stranger.
– Christina Pfeiffer
5. A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.
– Tim Cahill
6. Travel has a way of removing the gaps in your friendship timeline.
– Christina Pfeiffer
7. Friends that travel together, stay together.
8. Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
9. A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.
Lengthy Travel Quotes
1. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
2. Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.
– Anthony Bourdain
3. Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.
– Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
4. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.
– Christopher McCandless
5. To move, to breathe, to fly, to float,
To gain all while you give,
To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.
– Hans Christian Andersen
6. The value of your travels does not hinge on how many stamps you have in your passport when you get home — and the slow nuanced experience of a single country is always better than the hurried, superficial experience of forty countries.
– Rolf Potts
7. Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things: air, sleep, dreams, sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.
– Cesare Pavese
8. We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.
– Pico Iyer
9. Personally I like going places where I don’t speak the language, don’t know anybody, don’t know my way around, and don’t have any delusions that I’m in control. Disoriented, even frightened, I feel alive, awake in ways I never am at home.
– Michael Mewshaw
The Bottom Line
And, that’s a wrap!
We hope this list of epic travel quotes from some of the greatest explorers has inspired you to book a trip.
In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take. Just stop dreaming and start traveling.
Life is short. Travel as much as you can and enjoy yourself.
Let us know your favorite travel quotes in the comment section.
Sharing is caring! Do share these travel quotes with your beloved ones and inspire them to travel.
Are you in the mood to read more posts on life-changing quotes? Check out our quotes section.